Earlier this week, we announced that the men’s and women’s exhibition games, always treated as a regular game from a ticketing perspective, would be free for the whole community. Free? Really?
We looked at the past four years of data and saw that we only averaged about $1400 in revenue from those games, with the high being $2000. Further, very few of our season ticket holders attended these games (less than half). So, instead of chasing after a few hundred dollars, we elected to make this an opportunity for the whole community to come out and experience a game at the Pan Am.
In other words, we really had nothing to lose by making this a great event for the whole community and we look to sell some tickets to future games in the process. During the game, we will make sure that everyone is aware of available season seats, as well as promote mini-plans that will be announced that night. What can you expect to see that night?
• Each fan will receive a ticket order form which includes season ticket and mini-plan options. This hand out would also explain the new seating configuration and promote the regular-season home opener and the new floor.
• During the game, fans will be encouraged to visit the ticket office to purchase season or mini plans.
• Ticket office will be open during the game to take orders from fans in attendance and up to 30 minutes following the game.
• Fans will be encouraged to sign up for two free floor tickets to the UTEP home opener.
• A full game environment will be in effect to ensure that fans in attendance enjoy the experience.
We are so excited to have a big crowd for an exhibition game and allow all of the Mesilla Valley a chance to see what could very well be a special team. I hope you join us in attending this event and having some fun in the Pan Am.